SEXUAL HEALTH BENEFITS OF MASTURBATION
Masturbation is done by an individual in order to attain sexual pleasure. Most adults do it due to a lack of partners or to satisfy their sexual urge. Masturbation can be extremely beneficial to your sexual health and offers various health benefits. It doesn't just feel good, it has other benefits too that can vastly improve your health and life. Here are its benefits.
1. Boosts your mood: Masturbating releases the hormones oxytocin and dopamine, which improve your mood and give you a natural high. It helps you relax and decreases your stress and anxiety levels.
2. Helps In Sleep: Having an orgasm relaxes you physically and mentally, relieves tension and makes you feel satisfied due to the lowering of blood pressure and the release of endorphins. This helps you fall asleep faster and sleep better.
3. Lesser junk food cravings: The release of oxytocin makes us feel happier, lowering emotionally triggered food cravings, which help you make better food choices and avoid unhealthy and fattening
4. Relieves Cramps: Masturbation can help relieve menstrual cramps. It increases blood flow to your pelvic region and hence eases pain, cramps and backaches
5. Helps cure urinary tract infection in women: Women gets also health benefits of doing Masturbation. Those suffering from utis can get relief by masturbating as it flushes out bacteria from the cervix.
6. Prevents prostate cancer: Masturbation flushes out the toxin build-up in the urogenital tract, making men who ejaculate frequently three times less likely to develop prostate cancer. An Australian study published in 2003 found that men would reduce their risk to develop prostate cancer if they ejaculate five times or more during a week. Masturbation will keep disease-causing toxins from building up in your urinary tract and prevent prostate cancer.
7. May get rid of restless leg syndrome: Another health benefit of doing masturbation is that people who suffer from restless leg syndrome feel a constant need to move their limb, which may cause leg pain and cramps. A publication in 'sleep medicine', a medical journal suggests that sex and masturbation may help relieve symptoms of rls.
8. Boosts your immunity and general health: Ejaculation in males triggers the release of cortisol, a stress hormone. Although stress-inducing, experts believe that small doses of this hormone help build your immunity. In women, masturbation is known to improve cervical and cardiovascular health while also reducing the risk of type-2 diabetes.
9. Prevents premature ejaculation: Sex therapists are of the view that you can control premature ejaculation by masturbating about a couple of hours before sex. This will improve your timing and keep you from ejaculating too quickly.
10. Prevents erectile dysfunction: It is obvious that you will lose muscle tone with age, but masturbation keeps you in shape down there and prevents erectile dysfunction as well.
11. Improves your timing: One of many benefits of masturbation is that it helps you last longer during an intercourse. This gives you a chance to get familiar with how you feel when you get close to ejaculation.
12. Improves sperm motility: Some studies back the claim that masturbation improves the quality and motility of sperm. If you masturbate before intercourse, you will release any residual sperms in your semen transporting tubules. This allows for the production of new 'better' sperms, which makes it easier for couples to conceive.
13. Manages depression: Since masturbation releases oxytocin, which are known as your feel-good hormones, you can use this activity to manage your stress and improve your mood.
14. Prevents STDS and unwanted pregnancy: Masturbation is the safest way to have sexual satisfaction without having to worry about STDs or unwanted pregnancy.
In conclusion, Masturbation can have many benefits to health if performed in a controlled manner. Excessive masturbation can have a negative benefit on your health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.