PULSE AWARDS 2021 - SUBMISSION
PULSE AWARDS 2021: Art for Life
Deadline for submissions has been extended to 31 October!
Artists can submit for more than one category!
PULSE Clinic, Asia’s leading lifestyle clinic, believes that a healthy society recognises and supports an individual’s potential. To provide a platform for new and emerging contemporary artists in Southeast Asia and Hong Kong, PULSE clinic has launched the inaugural PULSE Awards: The Art for Life, a competition for artists to submit their works based on the theme Sexual Health Matters.
Brunei, Cambodia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Timor-Leste, Thailand, and Vietnam.
Artists must be either new or emerging contemporary visual artists. There is no entry fee.
Artists must be at least 18 years of age.
The five categories are:
- Painting – 2D
- Sculpture – 3D
- Digital art
Two prizes will be awarded to the winners for each category as follows:
- First Prize 100,000THB / 3,200USD (or equivalent in local currency)
- Most Promising 50,000THB / 1,600USD (or equivalent in local currency)
- Artists can submit more than one entry, but only one entry per category.
- Submissions should be via 3 digital photographs from which judges will select 5 finalists in each category for the exhibition.
- Artists must submit a brief statement (50-100 words) that explains their submitted art piece and its relation to the theme “Sexual Health Matters!”.
- Artists must submit their CV and short biography (no more than three pages)
- The PULSE Awards does not have a size limit for submissions of artworks. However, large works will be considered on a case-by-case basis and based on the ability of the exhibition space to accommodate the artwork.
October 31, 2021 – Deadlines for submissions.
November 12, 2021 – Announcement of five finalists from each category.
November 24, 2021 – Artworks are to be delivered to PULSE Clinic at the artist’s expense. Alternatively, PULSE Clinic can cover shipping/handling costs (if any) and then deduct the amount from the sale proceeds before paying the artist.
December 1, 2021 (World AIDS Day) – Final winners’ announcement.
Are you intending to submit an artwork but still working on your masterpiece? Click here to let us know.